Monday, October 04, 2010

Saturday at the fair...

I am loving my weekends these days. Life is so much easier (and more relaxing) when you don't have to work 24/7. This was the first weekend in October, which meant it was time for the Manhattan Beach Hometown Fair!

This was the first time in 7 years that I didn't do this fair, but of course, I had to visit. I'm glad too, because as a vendor I never had the opportunity to walk around. Even if a friend gave me a break, I'd shoot down the street and back because I never felt comfortable being away from my booth.

Saturday started with a sprinkling of rain, which turned to gorgeous sunny skies, as it usually does for this show.



I love catching Kelley unaware.

ahh, better!

Jill and Jana were there...and I stocked up on thank you cards! Jill has a great assortment of lovely stationery.


and of course Joelle.

It was so great to see my show pals! I thought it was going to be weird walking around a fair I always attended as a vendor. I thought I would miss it and be kicking myself that I wasn't participating (with my meager inventory). But I didn't feel that way at all. I was so happy to be moseying down the lane, without hurry, and without worrying about whether I was going to meet last years' sales or surpass them.

As a matter of fact, when we finished our loop, I sort of couldn't wait to get out of there. I think it was the crowds, which never bothered me as a vendor, but drove me crazy as a visitor (go figure). I can't wait to talk to my friends and find out how the event went this year. Because for as many people I saw, I didn't see that many bags with purchases. I hope everyone did well and had fun, because this was always my best show of the year.