Sunday, August 08, 2010

New Adventures

Well, hello. Things are in a flux and life is changing. Has changed. After 11 years of running my business, Sommer Designs, I am putting it behind me and moving on. I went back to work, outside the home, two months ago and it has been one of the best decisions I've made. I wonder, now, if I should have done this years ago, but that's one of those hindsight issues. I was so wrapped in moving my business forward that it was never a consideration. And, really, I was so happy working my own gig and I don't regret a moment of it.

So, what now? I've been blogging for 5 years over at another platform, but will probably be closing that account soon. I loved it there, but now that I don't have to market my business as strongly as I used to, I have a hard time justifying the expense. So here I am, back at Blogger where I began blogging 6 years ago! Full circle sort of thing.

My interests have also changed in the last year - I'm not as interested in promoting my own wares and crafty projects. I'm sure there will still be some knitting posts thrown in for good measure, but that's about as crafty as I plan to get.

I now work full time for a family owned custom furniture, wall and window covering company. They also restore & reupholster classic modern furniture - think Eames, Herman Miller, Knoll and all that good stuff. I am immersed in good, clean design. I love it. I've learned so much.

So, I'm thinking this is where I will share some of my finds from the interior design world that I am now a part of. Another new obsession is what I am wearing to work, because after working from home for 11 years, I'm damn happy to get dressed up to go to work. I'm trying to get back into Wardrobe Remix on Flickr and I also take part in 365, which is a picture (usually self-portrait) a day.

I don't expect anyone but myself to be at all interested in this blather.