Saturday, August 21, 2010

ReMixed

This is one of my newest obsessions, Wardrobe Remix. Well, I should say, renewed obsession. I played around with it a few years ago, but I have a hard time with challenges like this. For me, it's all or nothing, and even though it isn't necessary to post a picture everyday, I still feel like I should.

If you don't know, Wardrobe Remix is a group through Flickr, where you post what you wore that day. Some people are diligent about it, others dabble. What I like about it is that it makes you look at your closet with a different eye, trying to come up with different outfits using the same pieces so you don't always get into that 'uniform' rut. I can be so guilty of that.

And I use the word obsession because every night I start to think about what I'm going to wear to work the next day, and this forces me to be a little creative. I'm lucky that I don't really have to get super dressed up for work. Most of the people in the workshop wear jeans, even the owners. But I'm in the front office, and customers, clients and designers stop by, with an appointment or not, so I always try to be presentable.

The remix group is definitely a fun place to check out, get new ideas on dressing and clothes and of course, get inspired. There's a few other fun clothing groups: Daily Outfit Diary, The Working Closet, I Love Clothes, My, What is that you're wearing, Wardrobe Fun and What the Hell are you Wearing.

Any others I should know about?