Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My go-to easy dinner: Ina's Chicken Parmesan


School starts today all over my land, meaning my family. And if you are in the throes of the school year and trying to stay organized, on top of life and provide a decent delicious meal at the end of the day, then it's imperative to have a few simple recipes in your arsenal. This is one of mine. Ina Garten's Parmesan Chicken. It's the epitome of easy, and what I love about it is that it isn't a heavy chicken parm, with lots of cheese and sauce. It's simply breaded chicken breasts (I buy the thin chicken breasts and then don't have to pound them), sauteed and served with a mixed green salad on top with a lemon viniagrette.

Dinner on the table in a half hour. You will be a rock star. Try it.

(photo: ina garten, food network)